Comments from the residents of Casey for the draft Activity Centres Strategy is being encouraged by the City council. The city has a combined total of 81 large and small centres use for shopping, eating, work and meeting. The new strategy outlines Council’s vision to create a strong and vibrant network of activity centres across the municipality, and guidance on their growth and development to ensure they are thriving economic and social hubs for the community.
With a particular focus on jobs and economic development, the draft strategy will have these three key focus areas:
- Shopping locally
- Increasing local jobs, especially higher wage, white-collar job opportunities
- Making our activity centres better places to spend time, and more enjoyable
An information session will be happening on Wednesday 27 November at 6.15 pm, at Bunjil Place Function Centre, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive.
There will also be three informal drop-in sessions:
- Lynbrook Community Centre, Wednesday 20 November, 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Selandra Community Hub, Friday 22 November, 10.00 am – 4.30 pm
- Autumn Place Community Centre, Monday 2 December, 10.00 am – 4.30 pm
Feedback can be provided before 24 December 2019.